Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Emily!

Willow had a good time at Emily's 2nd birthday party. It's hard to believe it's already been a year since her last birthday! Willow has been in to singing the happy birthday song, so we practiced on the drive over, though she didn't sing a peep at the actual party.



Willow's first time trying the "big kid" swing all by herself!

Emily had lots of "helpers" in opening her gifts. Thankfully Willow did ok in realizing they were for Emily, not her!!

I found an Elmo book that plays music to give to Emily as a gift. I'd been hiding it in the backseat of the car so Willow wouldn't see it and fall in love. Unfortunately one day when she was climbing into her carseat, she did look in the back and see it. She kept saying "Elmo book! Elmo book!" I did my best to explain that Emily was having a birthday and we were giving it to her. Every time we got in the car after that, she'd say "Elmo book?" to which I would again explain that it was for Emily. She seemed to understand when we would talk about it and she would say "Elmo book. Party. Happy" She even watched me wrap it to solidify that it was for Emily's birthday. At the party she did a great job of handing it to Emily and watched intently as she opened it...

Everyone liked it for 5 seconds before the next gift was brought out =) I'm sure Emily will enjoy it, and it looks like I'll be making another trip to the store to buy one for Willow's birthday.


Happy 2nd birthday Emily!!

No comments: