
I suppose not many 3-month olds can say they've been to Maui. By the way, we don't recommend changing time zones and taking 6 flights with an infant!! We were supposed to have 2 flights to Maui, which ended up being 4 flights with an unplanned hotel-stay in Dallas (did you know that Best Westerns have pack-n-plays??). With 2 flights returning from Maui, that made for 6 flights total - 12 ups and downs...sigh...
We took over 200 pictures, so I'll try to narrow it down the best I can... (I'll use the smaller pictures to save space, but if you click on the picture you can see it larger)

Willow's first experience at the ocean was while we snorkeled. Obviously she couldn't keep her eyes off the waves!

Willow experienced many "firsts" in Maui: first plane ride, first stay in a hotel, first time to the ocean, first time to the pool, first trip to the grocery store. Here's her first bath in the sink.

Simply adorable in her little hat...

First step into the Pacific Ocean



Soaking up love and tummy-kisses from Nana.


The only kind of "tummy time" Willow likes...

If this picture seems dark, it's because it was probably taken around 1:00am. Willow decided she liked Virginia time better than Maui time. Her "days" were from around 1am to 1pm EVERY day (this correlates to a perfect 7am-7pm in Virginia....). Aunt Kim was nice enough to share some of the "happy time" enabling Chris and I to get a few more zzzz's.

Kim, Chris, and I took a solo outing to go on a zipline adventure. It was tons of fun!



Without air conditioning we couldn't bear to swaddle Willow in the heat. She seemed okay with it and would sleep with her arms straight up in the air. Chris and I tried it out too...maybe we'll stop swaddling each other when we go to bed...haha.

Despite her dad's wishes, Willow went out in public in her first bikini. Clearly by this photo, she loves showing off her belly!

Willow enjoyed her first trip to the pool much better than her first trip to the ocean. No tears!


(take note of the lei hand-made by Nana that's as long as Willow is!)

Chris, Willow, Kristen, Aunt Kim, Nana and Grandpa Rexroad
No comments:
Post a Comment