Saturday, January 7, 2012

Storytelling

Willow has really enjoyed oral storytelling lately. She's asked me to tell her the "Three Little Pigs story," "The Three Bears story," and the "Cinderella story" many times, often saying "Read it again please" although I'm saying it from memory, not a book. It's amazing how still she'll sit through my brief 4 minute version of the fairy tales. She's recently asked for me to tell her the "Cat story." I guess I'll have to spice up my creative story telling in creating one on my own.

Willow has started telling us stories from her day. She relived making Christmas cookies with her friends and her story was told in order with good detail! She's also told the story MANY times of when our power went out one night. It goes something like this... "A big storm blew in...and the lights went out...and daddy came in my room.. and it went 'beep beep beep'...and daddy fixed it...and daddy went back to bed with mommy...and I went back to sleep...The End."  I grabbed my camera after her 3rd retelling of the story that day, so of course she was maxed out on telling the story (the "green medicine" part is about a bad dream she had the other night):



Her other favorite story lately was when she was napping and the house alarm went off (must've gotten set when my dad sat on the alarm remote on the keychain in his pocket, then the door was opened) and the police came. Looks like we're in need of some quiet rest times in our near future!

No comments: