Willow hasn't ever colored for an extended period of time, although she does enjoy art projects. This was the first time I've colored with Willow when she's shown any interest in coloring a specific part of a picture vs. randomly coloring with lines of all colors everywhere. We went to a different library for storytime and the theme for the day was alligators. She (I) made a cute accordion alligator, then they got to take home a coloring sheet. She intentionally colored the face green, the tail, body, and arms purple (?!?), and the feet red. She also matched the little circles onto the colored flowers without any prompting. We named her alligator "Ally" and she put the stickers on herself =) Way to go, Willow!
We were in the art area at the Children's Museum and tried out scissors for the first time. I didn't figure she'd have the hand strength to do well but she absolutely did, so I went out and got a pair of scissors for her. Here's the project we made out of her "first cuttings" (not the fish):
And here's Willow in action. She's found more success with me holding the paper (I think I've scared her with how many times I've warned her about watching her fingers). I love watching her focused face while she cuts =)


No comments:
Post a Comment